About Jackson Hole

About Jackson Hole

Jackson Hole is more than a destination—it’s an opulent enclave encapsulated by America’s most iconic national parks and forests.

It’s a rural retreat, an escape, a relief from the madness of modern-day life.

Getting There

Jackson Hole is the most accessible ski resort in the Rockies, with Delta, American, United, and Frontier providing direct flights from 13 cities to the Jackson Hole Airport (JAC)—the only airport located within a National Park. Jackson Hole Aviation, a full-service FBO, is also prepared and ready to deliver exceptional service for private aviation needs.

Economy

Jackson Hole is located in Teton County, which leads Manhattan and Aspen as the wealthiest county in terms of per-capita income. With a per-capita income of $252,000, it’s the only county to ever surpass $250,000.


In addition, as cited by Bloomberg Wealth Management magazine, Wyoming is the most tax- and trust-advantageous state in the country, as it is free of capital gains tax, state income tax, out-of-state retirement income tax, state gift tax, inheritance or estate tax, excise tax, mineral ownership tax, and intangible tax. It is also home to the Dynasty Trust. (See the Tax Advantages page for more details.)


With such a strong economy, Jackson Hole residents are passionate about giving back and are proud to be members of the most philanthropic community in the country. Jackson Hole is home to over 200 nonprofit organizations, putting on fundraising events such as the annual Old Bill’s Fun Run, which raised over $14 million in 2019 and has generated more than $173 million philanthropic dollars since its founding in 1997.

Nature

Teton County spans 2.7 million acres, with 97% of the land federally protected by national parks, forests, and other forms of public land. This leaves 3% of the land privately held, of which more than two-thirds are already developed or placed under conservation easements.


Jackson Hole is considered the gateway to Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone National Park and was deemed a World Heritage Site by the U.N. and the U.S. Department of the Interior, acknowledging the magnitude of its ecosystem’s role with the planet. Jackson Hole is known around the world for its jaw-dropping scenery and diverse wildlife species

Recreation and Culture

No matter the season, world-class recreation is right in your backyard. Whether you aspire for leisure and relaxation or pushing your limits, there is something for everyone, like world-class downhill and cross country skiing, fly fishing, hiking, wildlife viewing, horseback riding, stargazing, scenic and white water rafting, road and mountain biking, climbing, hot air ballooning, boating, water sports, big game hunting, snowmobiling, and golfing on top-ranked designer courses.


Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is ranked the #1 ski resort in North America by Forbes and Ski Magazine. It has the longest continuous vertical rise of any ski resort in the U.S. and produces some of the most consistent “powder” on the planet, averaging 459 inches of snow annually.


 
Jackson Hole also has an excellent art and culture scene, with attractions including The Center for the Arts, The National Museum of Wildlife Art, and over 30 art galleries such as Heather James. The Grand Teton Music Festival is just one of many art and music festivals held in Jackson Hole each year.

Work With Colby

Colby applies the principles and work ethic he learned through sport and his impressive circle of mentors to ensure he creates the highest value for his clients.

Follow Us